ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Working to improve speed of the forum/site - UPDATED 10/26/05 - READ IN

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
wrt to stefan's point: we have expressed willingness to host members low bandwidth sites, mostly just as a favor to members.

mouser:
maybe you can make an club with members how pay montly
and share your server-disk for little homepages or ftp space.
--- End quote ---

very interesting idea..

actually i thought a lot about Stefan's suggestion and we've started a thread discussing this idea, which we are probably going to try(!):
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1261.0

mouser:
I've just gotten confirmation that our new dedicated hosting account has been activated, and I will be mirroring the site on the new computer in the next couple of days.

This is so exciting - a dedicated server is a big deal!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Hopefully soon the site will be smooth like butter  :D

I'll post more details as I make progress in moving the site to the new computer.

Thanks to everyone who has donated to the site so far - your donations have made this possible.   :-*

though I note that this new dedicated server is a huge financial leap and in order to keep it we need to have a good month of fundraising in november and get enough people who want to join in the webhosting project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version