ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Options to use Donation Credits to purchase stuff

<< < (4/4)

Veign:
Note that the first and main decision i make when evaluating any new idea is: "how much time is this going to take away from me coding?" so with any new plan we have to consider that, or consider whether any new work can be done by a volunteer.
-mouser (May 16, 2008, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

True.  You need another DC specific coder - can handle DC upgrades.

TucknDar:
I fear that letting people "buy" these things would diminish their significance as a gift.-mouser (May 15, 2008, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's a fair point, which I agree with. Maybe I should just remember to send some credits to members writing helpful, fun or interesting posts. I rarely do that, but it's certainly a nice way to spend the credits.

wreckedcarzz:
I definately go for the "DC swag" option, but something like a mousepad or stickers - not anything fancy enough that it would normally be thought of as a "reward", but not too dull either. I wouldn't mind paying for a Cody shirt, or even like a little model to sit on the desk (or for kids, a little doll thing with a coin that you could stick into his mouth...). Just ideas. :two:

we should have a big DC gathering in a year or two and there will have to be a mug for everyone who attends :).
-mouser (May 15, 2008, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I might be able to join if it happens in a year or so... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version