ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PIN-code

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
It's scientifically proven/accepted that humans remember a sequence of somewhere between 7-10 "things"
--- End quote ---

Actually it's 7 plus or minus 2.

tomos:
It's scientifically proven/accepted that humans remember a sequence of somewhere between 7-10 "things" (numbers, words, etc.) so a 4 digit PIN shouldn't be that hard.
-Deozaan (May 16, 2008, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

maybe it depends how many you want to remember, & prob (- definitely :) ) how often you use them...
living away from home (abroad) I have quite a number of very long telephone numbers in my head,
but I know if I had to write them - as opposed to dialing them, I'd have problems with some where I'd have no problems dialing them ...

my partner remembers numbers very well but she actively associates the numbers with something (anything) which seems to help a lot

f0dder:
There's at least a few banks here in .dk that offer those pin-reminder sheets, and some even include them in the envelope when they send you your debit cards. I always tend to forget the 'system' I pick for it, though, whereas even if I forget the PIN, it's hardcoded in my fingers.

czb:
It's scientifically proven/accepted that humans remember a sequence of somewhere between 7-10 "things" (numbers, words, etc.) so a 4 digit PIN shouldn't be that hard.
-Deozaan (May 16, 2008, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unless you have plenty of numbers. Now I have 5 different PIN-codes I have to remember. And recently I had to ask for new pin-code of my card because I have not used it for nearly 2 years and already have forgotten the PIN.

cranioscopical:
recently I had to ask for new pin-code of my card because I have not used it for nearly 2 years and already have forgotten the PIN.
-czechboy (May 17, 2008, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
I decided to use my corporate direct debit card the other day and then realized that I'd have to enter a PIN, which of course I couldn't recall. Needless to say there was a line of people waiting for me to complete this transaction. After a minute I had the thought that the PIN might be on my PDA, which it was, in encrypted form. Then I realized that I'd forgotten the password to unlock the encryption!
 ;D

I quite liked the old days when stores were happy to take a cheque.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version