ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox extensions for Minefield

<< < (4/6) > >>

dantheman:
Of course, one of those three that fail to work is my fav OpenBook...-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

what about this version?
-lanux128 (May 19, 2008, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Lanux,

It looks like a no go.
Thanks just the same, looks like i will have to wait for next official Firefox release.
The speed enhancement to this browser makes this waiting time most bearable.

;)

mwang:
OpenBook i find offers more options to adding bookmarks, keyword field for example.-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you get that with the standard Add Bookmark dialog with FF3. No?

I'm using Diigo's bookmarking system but somehow still prefer FX's, especially with new tagging method and Foxmarks beta which supports this new bookmarking way. It always faster to find what your looking for now with the url field acting like LocationBar2 and more!   :Thmbsup:-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm also using Diigo, and I like it in general, but not sure if I'll stick with it yet. The new bookmark system of FF3 is apparently giving ruse to a horde of new extensions. Many of them are now marked as experimental. We'll see how many of them mature in the end.

With extensions checking disabled, i now have an issue with tabs interface.
The "x" to close them no longer appears and i don't feel like going through the safe mode process to find out which extension is giving the problem. Have work to do!

Update: by chance, it turns out a skin was making the "x" disappearing from the tabs.-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does your mouse have a middle button? I close tabs with it all the time. Not sure what makes it working, though: Firegesture, Tab Mix Plus, or something else.

dantheman:
OpenBook i find offers more options to adding bookmarks, keyword field for example.-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you get that with the standard Add Bookmark dialog with FF3. No?-mwang (May 20, 2008, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid not.

I'm using Diigo's bookmarking system but somehow still prefer FX's, especially with new tagging method and Foxmarks beta which supports this new bookmarking way. It always faster to find what your looking for now with the url field acting like LocationBar2 and more!   :Thmbsup:-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm also using Diigo, and I like it in general, but not sure if I'll stick with it yet. The new bookmark system of FF3 is apparently giving ruse to a horde of new extensions. Many of them are now marked as experimental. We'll see how many of them mature in the end.-mwang (May 20, 2008, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh?! It would be nice to know a little more about these novelties. 

With extensions checking disabled, i now have an issue with tabs interface.
The "x" to close them no longer appears and i don't feel like going through the safe mode process to find out which extension is giving the problem. Have work to do!

Update: by chance, it turns out a skin was making the "x" disappearing from the tabs.-dantheman (May 19, 2008, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does your mouse have a middle button? I close tabs with it all the time. Not sure what makes it working, though: Firegesture, Tab Mix Plus, or something else.
-mwang (May 20, 2008, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Middle click to close tabs?
I like that! I recently discovered that you could open links to a new tab with middle click but this one's new for me. Thanks!

Fedorov:
I use FireGestures and keep it VERY simple, I only use ONE gesture and that is to close a tab I've finished reading. So hold the right-mouse button down anywhere my cursor is and draw an L shape.

When surfing I find my left hand does not need to be on the keyboard so no point in hitting CTRL-W to close the tabs like I used to and no point in moving the mouse pointer onto the tab just to middle-click close it.

This way you are reducing your movements and you don't even think about it after a while until your friends/family wonder what the heck you are doing drawing L shapes in their web browsers that don't have gestures installed! :)

mwang:
Oh?! It would be nice to know a little more about these novelties.
-dantheman (May 20, 2008, 06:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just check the "show experimental add-ons" option when browsing extensions and you'll see them, but you have to register to use them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version