ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox extensions for Minefield

(1/6) > >>

dantheman:
Mozillazine is informative but slow...

Anyone have a good list of extensions that works with Firefox Minefield?

Fedorov:
I've been using ALL of my previous FF2 add-ons for months on the FF3 nightly builds. I just use the Nightly Tester Tools add-on to "Make Compatible" :)

If I need to I just hack the .xpi file of the add-on to increase the version number myself - most of my main add-ons have been updated to be FF3 compatible in the past couple of months though.

dantheman:
Found this link to "Nightly Tester Tool" at:
http://www.oxymoronical.com/web/firefox/nightly
Will give it a shot!

Fedorov? Wasn't he an excellent player for the Red Wings?

Update: did work to get the Nightly Tester Tool but some extensions still don't work.
The other issue is, how do you install an extension from the site if you can't even download it?

lanux128:
if i'm not mistaken, the Nightly Tester Tool is only of use if the older and incompatible version of an extension is already installed and Firefox (the new version) disabled it. to newly install an older and incompatible extension, one might have to turn off the compatibility checking within Firefox.

... For all later versions of Firefox and Thunderbird, and in SeaMonkey 2 set the preference extensions.checkCompatibility to false. Firefox and SeaMonkey users can type about:config in the address bar and press Enter. Thunderbird users can use the Config Editor.

1. Right-click -> New -> Boolean
   2. Name: extensions.checkCompatibility
   3. Value: false Source: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Updating_extensions#Completely_disabling_the_compatibility_check

The other issue is, how do you install an extension from the site if you can't even download it?-dantheman (May 13, 2008, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
@dantheman: is there any particular extension that you're looking for? maybe i have a local copy.. :)

dantheman:
lanux128,

I'm flabergasted! Not sure if it's a word but just overwhelmed!  :)
Actually, Mouse Gestures was one but i found an excellent replacement with Fire Gestures!

Bookmark Duplicate Detector has always been part of my repertoire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version