ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

what we really want is a simple "plain text" organizer

<< < (5/5)

Armando:
I need a program to hold all my texts together, so a tree is necessary, only muti-tab is not enough.
that's is,  I want an info manager (can store all the final result), instead of a quick note taker (temporary take note and then move it too other place or delet it )

I know it's hard to find a better solution than EverNote/WikidPad/AceText/Mybase....
but just can not help searching it.
-xbeta (May 16, 2008, 04:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

But some of these are not strictly "plain text"...

I'm personally using using SQLNotes. Still in development (ie : still changes a lot) and so probably not suitable for everyone, but I've yet to find another freeform database that allows for the same flexibility and power.

For just storing pieces of info here and there, clipping web stuff and finding it back -- using a category system or whatever -- Evernote is enough, wikidpad does a good job too.

For more complex operations and organization then there are  myBase, UltraRecall, InfoSelect, Ecco and many others... like SQLNotes... They're more what you could call freeform databases, and some of them could also be called PIMs

xbeta:
thanks to all of the replies.
also thanks to all the nice tools.

mitzevo:
AceText ftw.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version