ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ashampoo Office 3 -- discounted to $29.95, if you know where to look

<< < (4/4)

CWuestefeld:
I offered $15 for the new $50 Uninstaller 3-Curt (May 15, 2008, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
I got a copy of Uninstaller 2 Platinum, through the link I posted above. I was really impressed with it, so I tried Uninstaller 3. It's a big step backward. For one thing, as far as I could tell, the automatic installation monitor is gone. More seriously, a manual install process requires the user to manually push the buttons for saving the state before and then after (why?!?), whereas v2 Platinum would automatically execute those bracketing operations.

I quickly uninstalled v3 and went back to the previous version.

Curt:
Hmm... you are worrying me, CWuestefeld: I purchased #3 half an hour ago!!  :o

Edited:
- however, the monitor is there, but you can de-activate it.

Darwin:
I offered $15 for the new $50 Uninstaller 3-Curt (May 15, 2008, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
I got a copy of Uninstaller 2 Platinum, through the link I posted above. I was really impressed with it, so I tried Uninstaller 3. It's a big step backward. For one thing, as far as I could tell, the automatic installation monitor is gone. More seriously, a manual install process requires the user to manually push the buttons for saving the state before and then after (why?!?), whereas v2 Platinum would automatically execute those bracketing operations.

I quickly uninstalled v3 and went back to the previous version.
-CWuestefeld (May 15, 2008, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Had the exact same experience. I was offered the upgrade for $9.95 and took it... Uninstaller Platinum 2 is a much more robust and feature rich uninstaller. A combo  of it and Your Uninstaller! 2008 have served me well for years. Still have Uninstaller 3 installed for now, but am not using it...

tomos:
I *think* I once asked SoftMaker about updating my Ashampoo Office at their site and was told they would have nothing to do with it; it was not their product. But tomos is making me wonder if I remember correctly.
-Curt (May 15, 2008, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

I bought Ashampoo Office 2006 and upgraded to the 2008 version
I've gotten a good few mails at this stage from SoftMaker offering an upgrade from Ashampoo Office 2008 to SoftMaker Office 2008
for, I think, 20something euros (which probably means nearer €30 :) )

It's possible they refused to upgrade you from Ashampoo Office 2006 to SoftMaker Office 2008 ...

Curt:
Yes, I too am getting these mails from Germany. I believe Softmaker is offering you upgrades to ('from') Ashampoo, because the first file you downloaded came from SoftMaker's site (and was also partly installed in the folder 'Softmaker') after you had given them your email address. They don't offer to update Ashampoo, but to upgrade. Are you planning to do the switch? I am. In fact I am planning to stay all clear of Ashampoo  on my next PC,  as I wrote earlier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version