topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Smartphone software (Cellphones with Windows Mobile 6 OS)  (Read 5361 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi gang,

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for software programs for use with Windows Mobile Smartphones. I recently bought one of these devices (a Motorola Q9h Global) after using a Treo for years that had a Palm OS, so I would love any recommendations people might have.

Thanks, Ken
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
Re: Smartphone software (Cellphones with Windows Mobile 6 OS)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 02:40 AM »
http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/

although wading through their archives is a nightmare.

search around? i'd bet there are some loyal users and fan based sites/forums/blogs, etc.

example: i just bought the T-Mobile Shadow, and somehow found this site: http://www.allshadow.com/

good luck!
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I use http://www.handango.com for most of my software- I used to buy so much that I'm in their discount club.  :-[

But the software that I currently have on mine includes: facade, battery pack pro, eWallet, mobipocket (free e-reader- mobipocket.com), keep track, listpro, newsbreak, notepad mobile, resco tools, resco photo viewer, resco explorer, the popcap games pack, cubis, marble worlds, brain challenge, slot car racer, smart 4lign (connect four), smart chess, smart checkers, smartello (othello), spb arkaball, and sodoku sensei.  The only software I have that I don't really use is listpro and notepad mobile. Office came on the phone and has been invaluable- if yours doesn't come with it, I recommend that also, though if you can't get that Documents to Go is a good alternative.  I used that before I had Office.  I tried bankarama and liked it more than keep track- it came down to the fact that ilium gives a discount for purchasing all of their software, and it interfaces better with quicken.  I received pocket informant for free, but I haven't even tried it- but I hear that it's good also.

I know that's a lot of software LOL.  But really, what I use day to day is mobipocket, Office, newsbreak, eWallet, facade, keep track, and the resco pack of tools.  I can't recommend the photo viewer and explorer enough- the one that comes with windows is pretty gimped.

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 10:30 PM »
@wraith808
What model SmartPhone do you own?
I'd really like to upgrade to WMv6.1, but it hasn't been ported to the Shadow yet. I read that a few people have bricked their phones over at xda-developers.
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____