ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Winamp 5.53 Release

<< < (3/7) > >>

urlwolf:
I also love apps that do just one thing without hogging memory.
I used MM3 and think it's probably the most feature-complete player, but then I realized that I was allocating ~250MB of memory to play music... not nice.

Now I use a super-simple winamp 5.53 with nothing but the basics. It uses ~40Mb when minimized on tray.

Josh:
Winamp 5 has always been fast and light for me. You can customize every installation and only install the components you require thus cutting down on memory usage. Very highly recommended. I even went pro even thou I wont use any of the burning features from it!

Shades:
There is also TrayPlayer http://www.atmaxsoft.com/trayplayer.html. Doesn't use too much resources and is more than adequate for playing music. It's GUI is minimalistic, but very well ordered and accessible by shortcut keys.

Fred Nerd:
Personally I have 5.5 and use it for most media. I just want something which can browse my library and play songs in any format.
What I miss is a really light player for one song at a time if I just want to see what a sound file is. Sort of having a picture viewer instead of opening Picasa every time.
But Winamp suits me alright. Early versions were no good at browsing/searching the library.

justice:
Winamp does what it did best in 2.x and a lot more better especially with the media library of version 5. Just turn of the bentoo skin and revert back to classic which is underlying all the other skins anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version