ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Winamp 5.53 Release

(1/7) > >>

mahesh2k:
I was pretty excited to download the Winamp's new version.It looks more like Windows media player..And hell it is...they even made their web page title about "Windows Media player".... Funny but glossy and attractive looks are in winamps new themeing engine with release of skin"botha"....
Other features like tool-tip when songchanges and new visualier and media library stuff sounds cool..but i want my old-winamp back...so switching back to old skin.... :D

So i ask you to download and give your opinion about it.What makes u like new or hate new version of winamp...

Gothi[c]:
2.95 was the last good version of winamp in my book.
Still available via oldversion.com thank goodness.

Josh:
May I ask why? If you say because of AOL I will lose respect for your opinion in this matter.

f0dder:
I also stuck with 2.95 (or something close). The later versions got too bloated for my taste, and I finally realized that I really need a player for, well, playing music, not having a pretty skin or fancy visulizations. Ended up with foobar2000, which isn't perfect by any means, but it has good sound quality and supports cue-sheets decently.

lanux128:
i'm stuck at WinAmp 2.9x too but for no particular reason other than that now most of the time i'm using a stand-alone mp3 player. i'll use winamp in conjunction with seedling's Random Mix Tape Maker when  previewing songs for transferring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version