ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your fav' audio CD burner?

<< < (5/11) > >>

Curt:
Thanks for explaning.

---

InfraRecorder is a no go for me,
- cygwin has been causing me problems too often.

Gothi[c]:
I raised an eyebrow when I saw the title to this post...

I didn't know there were applications just for audio cd burning.
Usually I think of cd recording software as an all-in-one type of thing.

On windows I stick with older (pre-bloatware) versions of Nero.
On Gnu/Linux k3b is pretty good when you want a GUI.

I'm not sure why anyone would want an application that only burns audio cd's and nothing else..
Anyone care to bring me up-to-date on that one?

Curt:
The headline was meant to stress that the burner should handle music files' meta data properly, because my first attempt was missing all the info. If it can burn what else you have got would only be another plus. With this said, I don't agree with you. They don't all handle every job equally good - some are experts on 'this' but not so fantastic on 'that'.

J-Mac:
I used Nero Ultra 6 and 7, along with Roxio Easy Media Creator - both large, bloated try-to-do-it-all packages, and I hope I never make that mistake again!!  Another issue with both of them is that if you install almost ANY other kind of A/V application on your PC there will definitely be conflicts caused by the vastness of Nero and/or Roxio.

Now I stick with smaller very specific tools.

For CD's I use one that was mentioned above by Stephen: cdburnerxp.  The interface looks almost exactly like Nero Burning ROM used to before it got so darned big, and it does it all pretty much.  Nicely.  And it is very small and unobtrusive.

For video, DVD copies, etc. I use different tools altogether.  (cloneDVD2, AnyDVD, and most of the Applian programs).

I can pretty much rip, burn, copy, play, edit, etc. any audio or video I want.   :)

Jim

Gothi[c]:
With this said, I don't agree with you. They don't all handle every job equally good - some are experts on 'this' but not so fantastic on 'that'.

--- End quote ---
I never implied they all handle every job equally good. I was merely trying to understand. I don't really burn enough cd's to be too so critical/picky about my cd burning software. The metadata was a good example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version