ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Your fav' audio CD burner?

(1/11) > >>

Curt:
I never took interest in how to burn audio CDs, because I didn't have the need. But last week a girl friend asked me to make the audio from some YouTube video files playable on her tiny ghetto blaster, so I was forced to give it a try. I had a copy of Nero Essential 7 which was impressive to me in many ways, so I carefully followed the procedure and burned a CD. Of course the disc was playable, and she was happy with it - but I was not! I am "absolutely certain" that I did as I was supposed to do - maybe - and before starting the burn I double checked if the filenames were listed right, and all such things. But nevertheless, the CD's info was not readable to any other player! I mean, the music was okay, but the file names and all other info had gone - all the disc had to say on the other players was "Track 1" + "Unknown this, and unknown that", "Track 2" + "Unknown.." and so on. None of the important informations were saved - no artist, no track name, no nothing.

As I said, Nero was impressive to me in many ways, but I got so upset that I removed all of it without hesitating - thus saving 385 MB! Their photo manager was 135 MB, or something, so I removed that one too, just for the fun of it... So today I saved half a GIGA in just two clicks!

Now I will try out my StarBurn 10 (35 MB) from GAOTD, it seems to offer most, but not all, of what Nero could do, but I keep thinking to myself: "I wonder what the other DC'ers are using?"  :-\

So my question to 'you' is:
What do you use to burn audio CDs that will show all proper info?

Your fav' audio CD burner?

- name your fav's, forum!  :tellme:

edbro:
J.River Media Center. Outstanding program IMHO.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/

yotta:
I'd second that, although iv'e only used the free version (media jukebox - google it), for general cd burning (and audio) i would reccomend infra recorder - sorry, i would link, but im using ie8 and its taking like a minute just to display a line of text, and using 50 cpu at the same time.

Curt:
I have heard many good things about JR Media Center, but I really didn't care that much - I thought I already had what I would ever need. But I will try it, I guess - it is forty dollars... Will JR also convert various file types, and maybe extract MP3 from .FLV and .AVI files?

I have never before heard about Infra Recorder http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/
- I will have to check this one out as well!

iphigenie:
I think you can burn from the free version. --goes check-- yup, it has a burn option.
I cant say I have used it, when I wanted to do an audioCD I used ashampoo's tool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version