topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Forum has a new red background? Or is it just me? Solved - was just me.  (Read 7334 times)

suleika

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm running Firefox3.0b5 in safe mode, thinking that it might be my webdeveloper bar or something like that, but the forum still has this weird red background and no-one's said anything!  I'm a little bit paranoid because I also have something weird going on on Flickr (three of my thumbnails - the square ones - are showing up as a different picture) which also started last night.

I've checked my processes (using procexp) but can't see anything unusual going on - but perhaps this forum is now supposed to be red?

Screenshot - 06_05_2008 , 02_16_06_cr.jpgForum has a new red background? Or is it just me?  Solved - was just me.

Ah - the penny dropped as soon as I posted this - I cleared my cache (which does not happen automatically in Firefox safe mode) and everything is back to normal on both sites. 

That was strange though!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:48 AM by suleika »

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
Re: Forum has a new red background? A css blip? Or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 07:48 AM »
Not here - try emptying your firefox cache and restarting?
- carpe noctem

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Forum has a new red background? A css blip? Or is it just me?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 07:52 AM »
it definitely doesn't show up in my browser (firefox too) - it looks so ghastly. :o anyway, you can do as f0dder suggested, use the "Clear Private Data" option. and if that doesn't work, try creating a new profile then browse DC with it.

ws-clr_fx_data-1.png

suleika

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Aw, thank you -yes, it was ghastly!

I realised I needed to clear my cache and it worked - I edited my post (and the title) before either of you posted - sorry about that!