ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Bug Tracker - How to Submit Bug Reports and Feature Requests

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
i do want to integrate the wiki and bug tracking logins - but i'm afraid to start on that until i have done a round of updating the programs, so it is on hold for now.  after a month of site scripting the programs are calling for updates.

its an interesting idea to put forum buttons on all pages.. it does make a lot of sense for some of those buttons at least..
let me think about that.

Carol Haynes:
Great I look forward to the integration - but do you think it should be done sooner rather than later to avoid confusion with people registering three times with different details etc. I wonder if the SMF user database could simply have the relevant info (user ID  and password would be sufficient) copied to the wiki/bug tracker DBs so that all three have the same credentials registered. If that was scripted it could be automatically updated daily using cron to allow people to at least use the same details until the proper integration is working. Just a thought.

No I wasn't thinking put all the forum buttons on top, just Track Bugs and Wiki which are unrelated to the forum and have a potential site wide  interest. If someone downloads a program and finds a bug they are more likely to post in the forum than in the Bug Tracker if they have to come to the forum in order to find the bug tracker ... if it was at the top of every page it would be linked directly from the download page which they may well have bookmarked.

IRC Chat could also go up there too (but that is probably more forum specific anyway).

It might well be worth having a 'Site Map' page on the top bar too with details of what is expected to be found/posted where to avoid duplication and scattering of material.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version