ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA - Request for 1 Firefox Extension - These 3 Tab-Related Functions

<< < (2/3) > >>

cathodera:

It may take me a few days to compose a really good explanation for how I managed to miss that, so  for now I will just confine myself to praising your formidable knowledge of findingstuffology just a little too loudly, while tracing the carpet pattern with a nervous toe, and otherwise engaging in a panoply of embarrassed and fidgety behaviors, yet secretly taking comfort in the knowledge that I will have made at least a few thousand lurkers feel oh-so-superior, and for a few it will be just that little burst of confidence they needed to do something really life-changing.

So, see, it might have looked like I am just another hopelessly clueless person who asked a dumb question, but the reality is that for somebody, somewhere, I will have done an Authentic Good Deed.

mouser:
Wasn't a dumb question -- there are so many options in Tab Mix Plus that it's easy to miss them.
This is example of perfect question for this forum since it's useful stuff that many people probably didn't even realize was available.  No need to feel embarrassed at all.

Actually the only real flaw in your post was in thinking that someone could just code up such a firefox extension if it didn't already exist - that would actually be a pretty daunting and big request that would be outside the scope of a little coding snack here.  So probably the question would have been better posted in the General Software section as a question if anyone knew any existing firefox extensions that could do what you want.

cathodera:

Oh! So I did do a Good Deed!

And so did you. I was afraid the "O-scope" word would come up sooner or later.

Also, now I know where to post my requests for Remote Cat-Grooming-related Firefox extensions, once I get the feature list ready.

I am delighted to learn that the color one will go with Tab Mix, and grateful to you for telling me so.

But I still think it one tab extension should do it all.  I must resign myself, I suppose, to being doomed to a browser that is decked out like a Christmas tree. My attempts to streamline and downsize are thwarted at every turn by the hydra-headed juggernaut of Bloat. How it cackles as it marches me through its endless whackamolian labyrinth!

Thanks to your kindness, I shall now console myself by double-clicking tabs and closing them. It has come to my attention that a fine example of the cinematic arts, "The Hottie and The Nottie" is now available for viewing in the drawing room, so I must put aside these low-brow pursuits of things binary, for Culture beckons.

lanux128:
cathodera: here's the link to TMP's help file, worth browsing through because as mouser mentioned Tab Mix Plus has plenty options that it will take some time to find what you want.

btw, would like to add that TMP also handles coloring of the tabs even though not as extensive as the ColorfulTabs. please refer to the screenshot. :)

cathodera:

Thank you lanux! I have a lot of reading to do! I have shamefully underestimated Tabs Mix Plus, and  have resolved to invite it to lunch and apologize to it.

Since mouser was kind enough to bring this to my attention, I have installed both color tabs and Tab Effects, and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4258 Tab Effect, and I have to confess that Tab Effect has totally turned my head and wowed me. It is really embarrassing, after talking so much about streamlining and minimizing, as if I were above all that.

But you just have to get Tab Effect, and if it makes you bounce and dissolve into helpless giggles of delight, nobody has to know about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version