topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: New DC Forum Live Chat Web Interface  (Read 9134 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
New DC Forum Live Chat Web Interface
« on: May 03, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Those of you who have been members for a long time know that we have a fairly busy text chat room on the irc efnet network, and we've always had a way to connect to that chat room from the website.  We started out using pjirc, which is a nice java based client, to cgi::irc a good php server solution.

We are now trying the hosted mibbit irc server.  Looks pretty nice and relieves us from having to host any software.

Why not stop by and say hello -- there's always someone there, and all new posts on the forum are announced in the channel, so it's a nice way to pass the time -- you don't have to talk if you don't want to.

The chat channel is also the perfect place to drop in if the site goes offline for some reason.

To join, just click the "CHAT!" button at the top navigation bar of the forum page, or click: here.

Screenshot - 5_3_2008 , 7_23_39 PM_thumb_thumb_thumb.png
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 07:25 PM by mouser »

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: New DC Forum Live Chat Web Interface
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 05:29 AM »
Mibbit works really good, I use it on my sites as well. Also my club has embedded their client; it's so easy.

They are continuously adding features so with time its use might become more flexible but also more complicated. I like it very much.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: New DC Forum Live Chat Web Interface
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 08:30 PM »
fantastic! and the interface looks very nice, i'm going to try out now. :Thmbsup: