Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 22, 2014, 08:39:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - DesktopCoral - 1.10.01 - Jan 16, 2011  (Read 30836 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

DOWNLOAD FROM Program Web Page.

LATEST VERSION:

1.10.01 - January 16, 2011
  • [BugFix] Error was being reported on first run.

1.09.01 - January 7, 2011
  • [Feature] Added -transparency commandline option
  • [Feature] Updated with latest update checking code.

1.08.01 - November 1, 2009
  • [Feature] Added option to hide ugly grey border on vista/win7

1.07.01 - September 6, 2009
  • [Feature] Options file is now saved any time the docking position is changes -- useful for external tools that need to monitor dock location.
  • [Feature] Options file now stores exact position and size of docked window -- useful for external tools that need to monitor dock location.
  • [Feature] Added support for configdir.ini file so user can specify custom directory for saving config file (supports for portable use)
  • [PlatformFeature] Added support for windows Vista+Win7 so that program saves config files in proper places on those operating systems (in documents path).

OLDER VERSIONS:

1.06.01 - July 14, 2009
  • [BugFix] Some users were seeing an error on boot about /autorun parameter not being understood.

1.05.01 - 6/27/09
  • [Feature] - Added commandline options for setting size, position, etc of the coral.

1.04.01 - 2/27/09
  • [Bugfix] - Program was not remembering what monitor to start docked on.
  • [Bugfix] - Docking did not work the first time the program is run (thanks fabrizio at softonic)

1.03.01 - 11/26/08
  • Initial support for multiple monitors.

1.02.01 - May 3rd, 2008
  • Added new experimental option to save and restore icon positions so that they are not shifted out of the way and misplaced during DesktopCoral starting and stopping and docking.
  • [bugfix] Options and dock position were not being saved on system shutdown - fixed.
  • Added DcUpdater support for update checking.
  • Added code to exit program during uninstallation or update.
  • Dock size was not being saved on exit.
  • Added start-with-windows option.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:55:12 PM by mouser » Logged
Daleus
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »

Heya Mouser,

I don't mean to be a pratt, but I wanted to point out that "coral" is what grows in the sea and "corral" is where horses are rounded up.  So, DesktopCoral would invoke in me, especially prettily coloured aquarium decorations for my desktop, whereas, DesktopCorral would invoke in me, thoughts of an amazinkly useful computer desktop tool for keeps things in order.

Yeah, sorry, I know this is extremey anal and that you've probably heard it a thousand times.  I will now retreat to beneath the rock from which I first appeared.

Daleus, Curmudgeon-at-Large
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »

"coral" is what grows in the sea...
...you've probably heard it a thousand times.

It was brave of you to reefer to it atoll!

(I have the same reaction to the name.)  ohmy

Chris
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »

I haven't heard it a thousand times but it is a running joke around here and on the web.. It's not the first time my bad spelling has proved to be a public embarrassment.  tongue
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:42:30 AM »

here's an earlier thread that brought this up but as mouser replied there, it's kind of coral that grows on your desktop attaching it self to the edges. Wink

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 07:19:19 PM »

I don't mean to be a pratt, but I wanted to point out that "coral" is what grows in the sea and "corral" is where horses are rounded up.  So, DesktopCoral would invoke in me, especially prettily coloured aquarium decorations for my desktop, whereas, DesktopCorral would invoke in me, thoughts of an amazinkly useful computer desktop tool for keeps things in order.

OK - not trying to be a pratt (are you a Yorkshireman, by chance?), either, but wouldn't the subtleties of the spelling of Desktop Coral be more evocative than invocative?

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
zenrook
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:23 AM »

You mentioned above that the software 1.02.01
[bugfix] Options and dock position were not being saved on system shutdown - fixed.
I have 1.03.01, using in dual screen, where the coral is positioned bottom of screen 2, however when I restart it is positioned on bottom of screen 1. Any ideas?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 09:34:28 AM »

i'll have a look zenrook -- the new multimonitor code may not be remembering the monitor # properly.
zenrook
Participant

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 09:46:50 AM »

Yes, I think you're right, I was looking at another thread, and someone mentioned that they edited the ini file, so I changed the monitor # and it worked, thanks for a great product, and wow that response time was fast!
zenrook
Participant

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »

Ok, the software is actually saving back the wrong monitor #, even if I edit the ini file, the software rewrites it when it closes.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 09:35:40 AM »

try this:
undock the dock, move the UNDOCKED window to the monitor of choice and exit, then try restarting and docking.. in other words you may be able to get it to rememer the monitor # if you can get it to remember that the location of it undocked is on that monitor.

i will try to release a proper fix soon.
zenrook
Participant

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 09:55:32 AM »

Since the last time I had written I changed the attribute of the ini file to read only, and this worked as a temporary fix. However the suggestion of placing the undocked window on the second monitor works, I've turned off the read only, and closed and opened and it works! Thanks,

Z
zenrook
Participant

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 09:35:48 AM »

Well it didn't seem to stick, after a system restart it went back to placing it on the wrong monitor, I'll just edit the ini and make it read-only again.
MilesAhead

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 07:17:54 PM »

I must be missing something really obvious but I docked to the top of the screen and all my windows maximize to the whole desktop just as before.  I have a single monitor setup.  Just seems like I get a taskbar icon and that's all??   (mystified) smiley

edit: ok, on the second run I'm getting some action.  smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 07:27:28 PM by MilesAhead » Logged

"Genius is not knowing you can't do it that way."
- MilesAhead
PhilB66
Supporting Member

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »

The How-To Geek How Do I Block Off a Section of the Screen from Maximized Windows? mentioned DesktopCoral.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 09:00:37 AM »

1.04.01 - 2/27/09
  • [Bugfix] - Program was not remembering what monitor to start docked on.
  • [Bugfix] - Docking did not work the first time the program is run (thanks fabrizio at softonic)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 06:07:35 PM »

1.05.01 - 6/27/09
  • [Feature] - Added commandline options for setting size, position, etc of the coral.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 07:10:28 PM »

I have a feature request for the next version: Correct the spelling of corral.

cheesy

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 07:13:10 PM »

i think you are just trying to earn a rotten turkey sandwich badge.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:16:12 PM by mouser » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »

very minor update:

1.06.01 - July 14, 2009
  • [BugFix] Some users were seeing an error on boot about /autorun parameter not being understood.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 11:02:05 AM »

new version should work well on vista/win7:

1.07.01 - September 6, 2009
  • [Feature] Options file is now saved any time the docking position is changes -- useful for external tools that need to monitor dock location.
  • [Feature] Options file now stores exact position and size of docked window -- useful for external tools that need to monitor dock location.
  • [Feature] Added support for configdir.ini file so user can specify custom directory for saving config file (supports for portable use)
  • [PlatformFeature] Added support for windows Vista+Win7 so that program saves config files in proper places on those operating systems (in documents path).
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »

new update for vista/win7 users who didn't like the ugly grey border:

1.08.01 - November 1, 2009
  • [Feature] Added option to hide ugly grey border on vista/win7
AndeT1
Supporting Member

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 12:51:51 PM »

Downloaded and ran with default options.  Couldn't drag shortcut from desktop to area so I went to options and checked transparent.
Now I can drag icons to the area, but they disappear... Hmm?

running vista ultimate 64

any suggestions on what I did wrong?

thanks,

Ande
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »

im afraid deskstop shortcut icons do not like to live on the desktop coral area.
AndeT1
Supporting Member

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »

@#$%^&*() or words like that...

How do you use the area?  Is it best to create shortcuts there?

thanks,

Ande

"Land of the free and home of the chief executive officer that loves the camera and can't do much else."
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.048s | Server load: 0.16 ]