ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Confessions from a Wiki Hater ??!?

<< < (4/4)

mouser:
i am going to set the collaborate button above to go back to the wiki for now..

It's the only tool I've found that allows the kind of collaborative editing that we are after, and i think brotherS may be right that we won't need more fine grained access control than simply limiting it to members of the site..

mouser:
ok..
i'm not a wiki lover yet...

but i feel obligated to point out that i've become a bit charmed by the accessibility of editing a wiki page..
i can see why people get addicted to it.

i stand by my position that the people implementing these wiki systems have completely dropped the ball in terms of administration support, but the management of version control history and rollback is very good, which makes up for some of this.

as brotherS kept saying - it is the ease of being able to just jump right in and edit a page that is the charm of it.

i will try to add some stuff to share login info between the wiki and the forum so people don't have to sign up at the wiki to be able to edit.

and let's see if we can get brotherS to give us an online lesson in wiki editing this month on the irc channel.

[for those who haven't seen it yet, you can visit the wiki here by clicking the "COLLABORATE" button on the top row of buttons on the forum]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version