topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:27 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Easeus Partition Manager - Bits Du Jour  (Read 3799 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Easeus Partition Manager - Bits Du Jour
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:42 AM »
Hi Folks,

Today on Bits Du Jour.  $15 down from $30.  A Chinese company that is often on Giveaway of the Day, apparently one of the better ones (GAOTD is uneven). If the product is good I would prefer to simply Bite it from Du Jour.  It has not been easy to determine the expertise of the company.

The website in general, and for this product, looks professional.
http://www.partition-tool.com/
As does the forum.
http://www.easeus.com/forum/

Any thoughts ?  I saw there may be a 2005 Paragon Partition Manager that might be a freebie alternative. And all sorts of techie alternatives, which would be nice to learn, but even if I techify I would like to use one friendly GUI alternative as well.  If this is the most modern, GUI, solid, inexpensive-ware product, better than any freewares, then the $15 is attractive.

Anybody have any experience with this one ?  I am unconcerned about Vista, the main idea is to set up Linux partitions on an existing Windows XP puter, and/or have software that works below the XP interface and works with the partitions.  My understanding, minimal, is that partition philosophy is a bit different when the system starts with XP and works from XP and when it starts directly on the lower puter level.  Perhaps a good product can work either way consistently ?

Shalom,
Steven

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Easeus Partition Manager - Bits Du Jour
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:51 AM »
I have used Partition Table Doctor from the same company and it has saved my bacon more than once. I haven't tired their other products.

My only comments (based on PTD experience) are:

1) Not the prettiest of interfaces.
2) No notification of updates and when there are you have to specifically write to the author to request the download as the site has demo versions only (incovenient).
3) Updates schedule ... not often to rare.
4) PTD seems solid and can be run from Windows or via boot floopy

MerleOne

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • 4D thinking
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Easeus Partition Manager - Bits Du Jour
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 01:23 PM »
Bits du Jour says there is a problem with this promo code and that they will probably re-run it later.

"*** We're Sorry, but there is currently a problem with this deal which means that we cannot bring you the reduced price! We're working on getting this fixed. Please check back soon. If we can't fix the problem we usually run the deal again, you can get an email when this happens. ***"

Concerning this company/software, I have used the Data Recovery Wizard Pro (GAOTD license from a few weeks ago) and it seemed to be working quite well.  I would be rather confident in this software, but I have no real background experience on it.
.merle1.