ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Monitor Program's Creation of Files/Folders and Registry Entries

<< < (2/2)

AtomFury:
Thank you! The RegMon tool definitely stands out to me but I think I'll go ahead and grab the entire suite. I don't know how I missed out on all these excellent utilities. Thanks again :D.

EDIT: Now that I look at DiskMon, I think I'll be good to go with a combination of DiskMon and RegMon. Sorry for posting a coding snack, I should have asked about something like this in another forum.

f0dder:
ProcMon is like a combined super version of FileMon and RegMon - afaik FM and RM were discontinued after ProcMon appeared?

PhilB66:
RegFromApp

RegFromApp monitors the Registry changes made by the application that you selected, and creates a standard RegEdit registration file (.reg) that contains all the Registry changes made by the application.
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
Interesting tool, Phil!

It's worth noting, though, that RegFromApp doesn't seem to use a driver (from a very cursory glance), and could thus miss some program actions.

AtomFury:
RegFromApp is very nice! Thanks Phil :). I've decided to run it in tandem with Process Monitor (thanks f0dder :)) and I should be good to go. Regarding the lack of driver usage noted by f0dder, I'm pretty sure whatever RegFromApp might miss, ProcMon will catch it (hopefully), but good to know nevertheless.

Thanks everyone for replying to my topic. This could've been a simple Googlin' job and the coding snack thing wasn't necessary. DonationCoder's got a very nice community  :D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version