ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How much should Microsoft charge for its Home software subscription?

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
Well it is run by MS - I have the software downloaded from the MS servers, I received a genuine MS CD set and it registered and activated on two machines without problem (allowed under the Office license). I also have a printed receipt from MS UK.

mediaguycouk:
There is a link on that site to a microsoft.com/education page somewhere. Plenty of people here (University of Southampton) have successfully bought their license.

zridling:
That's a fantastic price, Carol, half of what it's selling on amazon.co.uk (£79.98 for the mere 3-PC home/student edition. The Standard and Pro editions jump to £330 and £415 respectively). For the pro edition as an equivalent annual subscription, however, that translates into £35/mo. (or $69/mo.).

Seems the price would have to come way down, as I don't know anyone who would pay £35, $70, or €43 a month for an Office subscription.

Carol Haynes:
The Ultimate edition list price is $599 (not that any one in their right mind would pay that).

Having said that the Home/Student edition doesn't include Outlook and is basically just Word/Excel/PowerPoint and OneNote where as the ultimate steal version includes all the Office products including: Outlook, Access, Publisher, InfoPath and Groove.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version