ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS - Program Goals

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
I figured it would be easier to get the backbone in place, then work on the clipboard stuff
--- End quote ---

this is generally true kfitting, but in this case i think its most important to get these features in asap even if it means a little more work later to move the clipboard stuff to a more independent module.

stefan - yes exactly, an easy paste screen is on the short list.

mouser:
stefan - cool new sc watermark :)

try this great png optimizer for irfan view:
http://advsys.net/ken/utils.htm

kfitting:
this is generally true kfitting, but in this case i think its most important to get these features in asap even if it means a little more work later to move the clipboard stuff to a more independent module.
--- End quote ---

Not a problem, just making sure!

Kevin

mouser:
i should say though that i find it does help me to keep talking about longterm goals and interface and organization, because it shapes design decisions earlier on.

kfitting:
Well, in the area of interface design, I've been thinking about the whole Tree hierarchy.  Right now, most organizers revolve around the tree.  Could that be switched so that the program revolves around the data?  With a database I think it can.  In other words, you could have multiple tree structures for the same database file.  One area I use notes programs for is keeping a list of quotes.  Some quotes fit into more than one catogory.  Now, with the filtered nodes you could use the current tree structure: any piece of data that fit a certain node would be displayed.  The problem is that sometimes, we want the structure to organize the data not the other way around.  This comes into play more with a database meant to organize all different types of data.  With multiple tree structures you could manually organize data one way, then organize it another way to see different aspects.  Personally I think this becomes really powerful when you think about it in regards to totally different visual forms (diagrams, trees, tables, etc).  Each format displays data differently, but the pool of data is the same for each format.  A start would be to allow different trees for the same data. 

Now that I've utterly confused things.... I go.

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version