topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 12:36 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What the hell is up with Cerrulean Studios?  (Read 4822 times)

moerl

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What the hell is up with Cerrulean Studios?
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:49 PM »
There hasn't been an update to either Trillian or Trillian Pro in MONTHS. It's not very usual for Cerrulean to be so slow with updates and I'm wondering... what the hell is going on?

On a side-note.. was it due to my conection or due to the site that I just waited 22 seconds (!) between clicking "new topic" and getting to the edit page!?

Sentinel

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
  • Generally confused
    • View Profile
    • www.donationcoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: What the hell is up with Cerrulean Studios?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 02:21 AM »
Yeah, I've noticed this too.  The only releases in as long as I remember have been a couple of changes to the connection dlls to cope with changes to certain IM services.  I wouldn't mind that much apart from when you purchase pro you only get 12 months worth of free updates.  At this rate there will be users who do not even get as much as a single core product bug fix update.  Then no doubt they will be expected to pay to upgrade to 4.0.

Designated "proofreading free" zone.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 05:53 AM »
On a side-note.. was it due to my conection or due to the site that I just waited 22 seconds (!) between clicking "new topic" and getting to the edit page!?

i don't think it's your connection - the site seems to experience intermitant periods where it gets quite slow - we are doing a large amount of traffic on this site, probably more than our current server can handle - so we are looking for a new hosting plan.

Nighted

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Meat Popsicle
    • View Profile
    • Nighted@deviantART
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 06:28 AM »
moerl, think Skype integration. I think this is what's taking so long. But it's only a theory.

I've been wondering myself what's been going on. It would be nice to finally get webcam functionality for MSN.
I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.