topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:37 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Build Dynamic LayoutMap with its parts hyperlinked from an Image file  (Read 5996 times)

vikramj

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi,

I need to develop a software which should dynamically create a layout map from the given scanned layout map. The scanned layout map would look like a layout map of an land area with plots in it (similar to layout map used by land promoters) . I need to recreate the same image in the website but each of the plots should be made selectable (i.e) on clicking each plot it should be redirected to a page which has the details of that plot.

How can I do this functionality?

Please help!!

Thanking in anticipation

Vikram j

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What you're asking for can be achieved with an HTML ImageMap (please read the article), but basically you display the image and define areas as "hot zones" that can be used to do many things including opening a new page.

Here is an acceptable tutorial too.

Then, depending on how complex your map areas are going to be, you may need some graphic software to do the Map generation part (which is easier if you are drawing on screen). There are a lot of editors that can do this, e.g. GIMP with a plugin. Personally I use PhotoImpact, which is acceptable.

Hope that helps.

bikerman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think you can do the same thing with Snag-it. It allows you to capture the picture and then add hotspots with links and tooltips. Just google "snag-it" and you'll soon find it.