ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DC Server Accessibility Problem - April 24th 2008

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Some people are experiencing problems reaching the DonationCoder.com website today (April 24th 2008).  Pages are only partially loading for certain people or just hanging and timing out while loading.

It's not actually a problem with our server, but seems to be some kind of internet routing problem effecting only certain people (including me!), and affecting only certain routes of information transfer on the web.

We will update you as soon as we learn more.

Josh:
Perhaps people should try OpenDNS. I use it and DC works fine for me!

tomos:
-Josh (April 24, 2008, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

ironically that's one of the sites that's barely working (for me) but it does seem to load fully
earlier some dc pages kept trying to load - now they stop loading but there's still stuff missing...

tomos:
perhaps taking things a bit off topic... :-\

-Josh (April 24, 2008, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

it's a case of everything gets routed through "OpenDNS" ?

what are the advantages of that (apart from being able to block sites)
they only have one server in europe - not trying to be negative :)  just curious ... and commenting

OpenDNS makes money the same way Google and Yahoo do — by showing relevant ads when we show you search results
--- End quote ---
seems fair enough - do they have their own search page or do they add them to other search pages?

mouser:
site is loading normal speed for me now.  anyone still having trouble?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version