Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 26, 2014, 12:16:09 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: might be a bit off BUT i would like advice about a game ( not another one)  (Read 2992 times)
jamesdoc01
Supporting Member

On The Gers

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:25:27 AM »

i have just got a new game and it is bloody tearing my hair out with lag.......
My specs are as follows

Windows XP Home Edition (5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256 mb
Maxtor 6V160E0 140 gig
If any other info in the PC specs are required please let me know.........

The game is battlefield 2 Complete collection. I do also use battlefield 2142 and do not have the same problems.
Any help in this matter would be fantastic.
I would like to thank all who take the time to read this post as i know it might not be the posting that goes on this site.
Thanks  jamesdoc01
Ehtyar
Supporting Member

That News Guy

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:43 AM »

You can try to identify the host for online play and tracert it, but this will only identify the lagging hop (if indeed it is a hop) and will do nothing to mitigate the problem. It has been known to improve your latency during online gameplay by setting your TcpAckFrquency to 1 but the benefit is minimal and will likely have little effect on such high latency as you are experiencing.

Ehtyar.
mediaguycouk
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:29:19 AM »

Do you get the same lag if you play single player or host your own server?

Learning C# - Graham Robinson
jamesdoc01
Supporting Member

On The Gers

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:47:25 AM »

Thanks for the response.
To answer your question No i don't get lag if i play single player.
Not hosted my own server, i don't seem to get as bad a lag when playing 2142 so it seems to have stumped me..... I will try your suggestion about setting the TCPACKFREQUENCY to 1. Post the response in this soon......
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »

1. Does it matter what server you connect to?
2. What's your ping in the server list?

If your ping is low, and it's consistently a problem no matter what server you connect to, I'd say your problem is on your end... what other software do you have running?

jamesdoc01
Supporting Member

On The Gers

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 06:58:41 AM »

Thanks for the response.
I can't ping my IP am not allowed (Norton Firewall and don't know how to get the setting to allow this, BT said this is normal a security measure)
Only thing i have running when playing the game is my Norton Anti-Virus & Firewall.
If you need any other info then please get back to me.

Thanks again for the response
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 02:24:37 PM »

When I say ping, I don't mean your ping, I mean the server's ping.  What I mean by that, is on the select server screen, there should be a column with ping (i think that's what it's called) that should have a number.  What does this say?  And does this happen no matter what BF2 server you're connected to?

For more information on what column I mean, look at this screenshot of the server selection screen:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3112/pbwk0.jpg

Also, other questions to speed up troubleshooting:  Are you connected directly to your modem, or is there a router in the way?  Is it laggy all the time, or does it just happen at certain times?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 02:26:15 PM by wraith808 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.12 ]