ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

might be a bit off BUT i would like advice about a game ( not another one)

(1/2) > >>

jamesdoc01:
i have just got a new game and it is bloody tearing my hair out with lag.......
My specs are as follows

Windows XP Home Edition (5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256 mb
Maxtor 6V160E0 140 gig
If any other info in the PC specs are required please let me know.........

The game is battlefield 2 Complete collection. I do also use battlefield 2142 and do not have the same problems.
Any help in this matter would be fantastic.
I would like to thank all who take the time to read this post as i know it might not be the posting that goes on this site.
Thanks  jamesdoc01

Ehtyar:
You can try to identify the host for online play and tracert it, but this will only identify the lagging hop (if indeed it is a hop) and will do nothing to mitigate the problem. It has been known to improve your latency during online gameplay by setting your TcpAckFrquency to 1 but the benefit is minimal and will likely have little effect on such high latency as you are experiencing.

Ehtyar.

mediaguycouk:
Do you get the same lag if you play single player or host your own server?

jamesdoc01:
Thanks for the response.
To answer your question No i don't get lag if i play single player.
Not hosted my own server, i don't seem to get as bad a lag when playing 2142 so it seems to have stumped me..... I will try your suggestion about setting the TCPACKFREQUENCY to 1. Post the response in this soon......

wraith808:
1. Does it matter what server you connect to?
2. What's your ping in the server list?

If your ping is low, and it's consistently a problem no matter what server you connect to, I'd say your problem is on your end... what other software do you have running?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version