ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How Do You Use Your USB Flash Drive(s)?

<< < (2/2)

TucknDar:
I use it for transporting docs from home to work and school. Also for a few portable apps, such as Total Commander, EssentialPIM and Keepass for computer stuff elsewhere.

Lashiec:
I only have one pendrive, a Kingston DataTraveler II, 1 GB of space, not much, but enough considering the amount of things I carry. I use it for dumping work from college, and from carrying things to my friends' computers, besides having Firefox in there, and probably I'll also add KeePass, to regain forum access from college (certain classes can get very boring).

Renegade:
I keep a banking security certificate on 1. I also keep licenses for GDT (my software) on 1 whenever I'm leaving the country. Often I just end up using my iPod Nano for that though. However, I believe in redundancy (backups) and never trust them. I always have 2 for important things, and another backup in email or on a server just in case.

A friend of mine a few weeks ago was touting how he had years and years of work on his new shiny 4GB USB key tied to his mobile phone... Guess what broke?  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version