ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

tv_out: a shortcut for quickly turning extended desktop on/off

<< < (6/8) > >>

Nod5:
Hey there Rowan! Good to hear that it runs on W7.  :Thmbsup:

The icon had wrong proportions I suspect. I edited them to be 32x32. So try the attached version (just copy over the old tv_out.icl).

You should be able to permanently use completely different icons by saving two of them as tv_out.icl ( IconSushi is the tool I use for that -- http://www.towofu.net/soft/e-index.php ) and then replace the standard tv_out.icl file with the new one.

rowancorbett:
Sorry about the very delayed response (I distract easily). Thanks for the new icons, I'll try them right away.

Rowan

rowancorbett:
Still no dice with the new icons. It's not a very big deal. It must be something with Windows 7 beta. I'll try again when the release candidate is out.

Cheers,
 Rowan

Nod5:
Hi, you might need to refresh the icons after replacing the file. Try right clicking the desktop shortcut icon, properties > change icon (on XP; I guess there's something similar on W7), the new icons should come up as default, select one of them. Then the desktop icon also changes. Do the same for the other icon. Then the change should stick. If that doesn't work try to reboot once. If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas ;D (And don't forget that the new .icl should overwrite the old - you can't give it another name or put it in another folder.)
I'm also attaching a less colorful icon.

rowancorbett:
Howdy,
  Nope. Same out come, I'm afraid. When I go to the shortcut's properties and select "Change Icon..." I get the following error:

The file D:\Zero\tv_out\tv_out.icl contains no icons.

Choose an icon from the list or specify a different file.
--- End quote ---

I am assuming it has summat to do with Windows 7's handling of icons and .icl's.

I just realize that I neglected to include that I am using the 64-bit Beta. At the time I wouldn't have thought it at all important.

Anyway, as I said, it is no big deal. But I do greatly appreciate your taking a stab at it.

Rowan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version