ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

W's RegCode/Serial Code Manager ver. 0.01 Released!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
Looks useful.

If I may make a suggestion: Use mouser's ScreenShot Captor to take the screens of the program. It has some neat tools built in to let you blur out areas you don't want others to see and add annotations, etc., and it would make it seem a lot more professional than the current screens, which look like you used Paint to cross out the serials. I also suggest taking a couple minutes to type out more information about it here in the original post. Give people an incentive to click your link.  :Thmbsup:

Because it's version 0.01 I'm curious about it's stability and also what sort of format it stores the information in. For something as important as registration codes, you would need to be able to guarantee me that I could get my data if for some reason the program stopped working or was no longer developed or something similar.

bassclarinetl2:
Hi

Installed OK

One would have thought that a password entry to the program would have been the first priority to any such application.

Otherwise looks ok

A feature for the future would be the ability to copy via a click to the clipboard

Take a gander at pd-base

nogojoe.
-nogojoe (April 15, 2008, 09:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Like I say, more is to come.  Thanks for your feedback.
This is just a start.

bassclarinetl2:
Looks useful.

If I may make a suggestion: Use mouser's ScreenShot Captor to take the screens of the program. It has some neat tools built in to let you blur out areas you don't want others to see and add annotations, etc., and it would make it seem a lot more professional than the current screens, which look like you used Paint to cross out the serials. I also suggest taking a couple minutes to type out more information about it here in the original post. Give people an incentive to click your link.  :Thmbsup:

Because it's version 0.01 I'm curious about it's stability and also what sort of format it stores the information in. For something as important as registration codes, you would need to be able to guarantee me that I could get my data if for some reason the program stopped working or was no longer developed or something similar.
-Deozaan (April 15, 2008, 09:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

The version number is more arbitrary than anything.  (Sorry about that.)  I didn't want to give the impression that it was done (e.g. give it a version of one) and yet was concerned about giving it such a low number. 

As far as stability and the format things are stored in:  Its stable for me,  no code breaks, etc.  and all the information is stored in a Microsoft Access Database (*.mdb).   I think (being that the installer was created by VB express) the the Path is x:\Program Files\WillSoft\W's RegCode-Serial Number Manager (x being the name of your system drive) so the mdb should be in there.  Not entirely sure where the mdb is installed to, going to fix that and use by using NSIS to make the installer rather than vb express.  In the view mode there is a print button to create a hard copy of all the codes in the database.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to either post them here, or send them to me [email protected]

Thanks for your feedback.

bassclarinetl2:
I have repackaged the application using NSIS so now the MDB should be easy to find.  I recommend uninstalling the previous one and installing the one here http://www.bassclarinetvideoproductions.com/willsoft/releases/

The password feature is forthcoming.

Deozaan:
Nice work!

EDIT: Now it appears the download link is broken on your site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version