ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

which is the lightest instant messenger?

<< < (4/4)

f0dder:
Smileys should definitely be optional, and I'm glad that miranda (with default message shower, whatever :)) strips all the font+color crap from MSN. But a plugin updater would be a really nice core feature.

Deozaan:
Gtalk works with msn and yahoo protocol?
-kalos (May 18, 2008, 02:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Erm... Not that I'm aware of. I was just extending the original question to see if anyone knew of a really light IM client that supported GTalk. I've edited my post in an attempt to make that clearer.

Mark0:
Erm... Not that I'm aware of. I was just extending the original question to see if anyone knew of a really light IM client that supported GTalk. I've edited my post in an attempt to make that clearer.
-Deozaan (May 18, 2008, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since Gtalk is based on Jabber, you can choose any client that support the Jabber protocol.

lanux128:
But since GTalk is all I use anymore, I don't know if there are any other lighter IM clients that I can use my GTalk friends list.

Here are the features I'd like:

1. GTalk friends list.
2. Ability to log chats.
3. Ability to send files.

Anything much more than that is unnecessary, in my opinion.-Deozaan (May 17, 2008, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

in addition to the answer given by Mark0, here are some links i found pertaining to the above questions.

1. Client Choice with Google Talk
2. Why isn't there a Send Files option for some of my contacts?
3. Does Google log chats from Trillian Pro?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version