ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

AIMP: tiniest memory usage for a music player, library, tabs; beats XMplay

<< < (2/3) > >>

PhilB66:
Any other plugins you recommend?
-urlwolf (April 10, 2008, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have switched to Spider Player (Portable) a while back. So not sure about other AIMP2 plugins. Just to trigger your interst...

urlwolf:
I've switched to musickube.
Impossibly small in memory usage, a full library.
Better tagging than anything I've seen (so fast!).
Great piece of art.

My full library (that makes MM be over 200mb in memory usage!) is only 24-34 mb.

Downsides:
lacks replaygain
no cover art
no shortcut to send/retrieve from tray.

Other than that, perfect media player.

iphigenie:
I found out at my own expense that editing tags from the library is really bad. Had 2000 files ending in .mp3.mp3 grr!

Nice little player, apart from that

Armando:
Iphigenie, this should be easily fixed, fortunately, with a renaming program like BRU (replace all ".mp3.mp3" by ".mp3")... Of course, this is probably not the point... I understand.

icekin:
I can recommend Billy version 1.04k. Loads hundreds of files in seconds and supports last.fm as well as flac file formats. Not sure about replaygain and BASS support though.

And if you need a realtively lightweight music player that can support last.fm, libraries, replaygain, file renaming, album art and still be insanely customizable, there's really only one choice  :Thmbsup: Sorry, but no matter how many times I try to go away, I always find myself coming back to foobar. Its one of those things that Windows users can really brag about having.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version