ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

FTP Client - freeware with scheduler

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
Well, a few seconds later I figured that one out, but now DriveHQ is timing out when I try to transfer anything... no more tonight, but I'll try to get to it again tomorrow.

Steven Avery:
Well, a few seconds later I figured that one out, but now DriveHQ is timing out when I try to transfer anything... no more tonight, but I'll try to get to it again tomorrow. -wraith808
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the checking and help.  No problem waiting, appreciate the troubleshooting !  The problem could be DriveHQ related, and their support seems to be fairly helpful.  Maybe they were busy with people backing up 1040s last night. :)

It's amazing sometimes how nice the simple one-smart-trick pony utility can be, so I like the potential of AutoFTP.  By simplifying uploads from various puters I can be sure to always have the more recent version of my main files available.  In fact, if Windows scheduler is not really versatile enough (ie. it cannot give a flexible range of times, so I end up doing a lot of unnecessary uploads) then I will simply look for a better scheduler to go with AutoFTP, one that I can tailor more precisely.  To save bit-and-byte-traffic.

Shalom,
Steven

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Here is one that is pretty new, in todays ZDNet Downloads Digest newsletter.

http://www.sherrodcomputers.com/products_sherrodftp.cfm
Sherrod FTP 2008

The freeware looks competent, allows only one scheduled item though, while the
$20 Deluxe allows unlimited scheduling.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

wraith808:
Steven-

I'm having some interesting issues... LOL!  I have a version that works with DriveHQ... the only problem is the way I'm having to manipulate the sockets is working havoc with the e-mail function.  I can disable the e-mail function and send it to you to look at if you wish while I get everything else nailed down... just let me know!

Steven Avery:
Hi Wraith,

That would work fine.  You can send it to me for testing and trial though. However, my email is showing as hidden even though I don't have the boxed checked for hiding email addy.  Hmmmmm.

Or you could take a few days and see how close you can get it to one version  :).  Send to me basically if you can use testing confirmation and trial.  Maybe Mouser or somebody will help figger out the show email thingy. Or do we have PM's on this forum ? Hmm.. Have to look around.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version