ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Most useless

(1/4) > >>

cranioscopical:
Picking up on a comment from here

Can we try a three-part question here?

2)  What is the most useless gift you ever received?

3)  What is the most useless computer-related item you ever acquired?

tomos:
Can we try a three-part question here?
-cranioscopical (April 10, 2008, 08:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

is that the first part  :tellme: :P

....contemplating answers for 2 & 3

cranioscopical:
Absolutely!  :)

nudone:
2) my mother bought me a t-shirt with the joker's face on it, not THE joker from Batman, oh no. this was a very badly illustrated version of something that was meant to look like the joker but without paying any licensing fees to do so, i.e. it looked awful. add to this i must have been in my twenties, don't care much for the Batman franchise and don't need my mother to buy my clothes for me - not even back then. i do wear t-shirts so she got that part right.

around that time she also bought me a baseball cap with my name stamped on the front of it - perhaps she thought i had trouble introducing myself to people.

i could go on. i've given up trying to be tactful with my mother over the terrible christmas presents she gives me.

3) useless pc item, probably a mini vacuum cleaner for cleaning the keyboard. battery powered and with about as much suction power as wafting a single feather around somewhere up in the upper atmosphere of this planet.

Jimdoria:
1. Yes  :)

2. Probably some sweater I never wore.

3. This is a tough one. I'd say it's a toss-up:

Most useless PC thing that I LOVED - Snappy, from Play Inc. It was a totally cool gizmo, but I think I actually used it about 3 times, and never for any real work. Part of that may have been that it never quite delivered on its own marketing hype. Still, I miss Play, Inc. :( Serious Magic, too.

Most useless PC thing that I HATED - iConcepts (Sakar) cordless mouse with keypad. Bought it to use mouse and keypad at the same time, but the product was designed to hide the fact that you couldn't do this until after you'd purchased the thing. Then, when I used the keypad, it also enabled the embedded keypad on my laptop keyboard, rendering the main keyboard unusable. Plus the thing ate batteries, and wouldn't work relably more than a few inches away from it's USB dongle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version