Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 10:56:20 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: So there IS a twilight zone!  (Read 1805 times)
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 10, 2008, 07:21:04 AM »

Research Reveals Internet "Black Holes"
Apparently, internet traffic can land in black holes sometimes, and just... vanish.  Despite the fact that everything seems hunky dory!

here

Anyway, as I was sayi..^       !

Chris
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 07:41:16 AM »

i have direct experience of this strange phenomenon. my hotmail sent emails often vanish; i know i wrote them and i know that i hit the send button and yet there is absolutely no record that they existed in the sent folder.
Jimdoria
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 12:37:33 PM »

Wow, followed the link to the ZDNEt blog in the one of the comments, and it gave me a totally new perspective on Net Neutrality. There's more to it than I'd heard about. Makes all the political brouhaha seem kind of silly, since what's really needed is a technical fix.

- Jimdoria ~@>@

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who divide everybody into two kinds of people, and those who don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.09 ]