ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox : frames and other graphics disappear in DonationCoder.com's layout

<< < (2/5) > >>

wreckedcarzz:
Happens to me too - kind of a text-only mode (Web 1.0?). Reload fixes most of the time - a close of FF (I have it clean my "Private Data" on close) always remedies the problem.

Has this been reported to the Mozilla Bug Tracker?

f0dder:
I've seen this happen when I've manually deleted the firefox cache, this gets the browser pretty confused.

Gothi[c]:
Strange, I use firefox all the time (2.0.0.13) but have never experienced that?
Are you using FF3 perhaps?

cmpm:
I believe it's the "Lo-Fi" version of the page you are seeing.
That happens to me occasionally, not only here, but other forums as well.
I usually have to restart the comp if reloading the page don't work after a few tries.
And that's with Firefox as well.

Go to the bottom of this page-

http://www.thefreewareforum.com/

Click the 'lo-fi version'
and see if that is what you are getting.

Armando:
Thanks everybody.  :)

No idea what causes it.

@cmpm : Yes, it seems a bit like a "lo-fi" version of the page, but not exactly (from what I saw, lo-fi seems closer to "No style" -- the image I attaches is almost identical to the original website, just without fills, borders, etc.)...  I don't think that there's any lo-fi version for this website (DC) anyhow -- or is there one?

@Gothic : nope, I'm not using FF3... Just plain 2.0.0.13

Right now, after restarting firefox (and clearing the personal stuff) everything is OK, and it will probably be for a few hours, or a few days. So I'll have to wait for the phenomenon to happen again before I try the "safe mode" experiment or other tricks. It's not a huge problem anyways, just annoying to not know why it's doing that and won't stop doing it unless I restart firefox etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version