ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

British money is about to get really cool

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lashiec:
Most of the more mature economies would do well to get rid of the lesser coins. 1 cent, 5 cents, 1 pence, etc. This isn't anything new. It's been well known for 20 years.
-Renegade (April 09, 2008, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

NO, we don't want to give businesses more reasons to round up the prices again, just like it happened when most of Europe started to use the Euro. Talking about Euros, they could learn a design lesson or two from the UK guys.

Ehtyar or Wordzilla, shows us one of those bills :)

Ehtyar:
Any Aussies here? You all have some very slick bills there! Something the rest of the world may do well to follow!
-Renegade (April 09, 2008, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Indeed, our bills are extremely über, though having a two dollar coin smaller than the one dollar coin almost cancels it out  :-\

Ehtyar.

Anatolie:
Good cost :) I think, GBP much better than euro.

Fred Nerd:
Another Aussie here,
We dropped the 1 and 2 cent coins a while back, and the canny amongst us collected the old coins, knowing that they only need a hole in them to become the cheapest copper washers out there.
As for our notes, I noticed that within the last few years, we have had 3 different $5 notes, but the differences were pretty small and not many saw it.

Deozaan:
It's cool what they're doing, but I actually don't like the design that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version