ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Backup Guide

Hello from Genie-soft (and info about discount)

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Taleb (hope you don't mind me refering to you by first name).

I like the ability to specify global and per-backup-job filters to exclude files matching a pattern, but one feature I am missing is the ability to specify filters for subdirectories based on name, as can be done in Retrospect (for example to easily say to ignore all subfolders named "Junk", regardless of location in backup tree).

For example in my Programming directory i have tons of subdirectories and many of them have subfolders labeled "Backup" or "Junk" or "Intermediates" and i would like to be able to specify a filter that ignores all files in these subdirectories matching this pattern.

Maybe such filter would look like "Junk\*.*" to describe a filter that should match all files (and subdirs) inside any subdirectory named Junk, or "*Junk*\" ?

mouser:
another suggestion:

It would be very useful to be able to browse the catelog as a directory tree, rather than just a list of files,
though i did really like the way it can show files organized by whether they are new or modified.

mouser:
for an example of the job-centric approach that i think is more useful for a backup program (as opposed to the approach i complained about in genie), see handy backup: http://www.handybackup.com/

another minor request for genie:
the checkbox in a job labeled "shortcut for this on desktop", i think might be better handled by the approach that retrospect takes, which is basically to have a BUTTON or menu item called "create a shortcut for this backup job"; then you could make it when you wanted and where you wanted.

Dr.Hammad:
Hi all

It has been some time , we are Just about to luanch GBM V7.0 and as Usual all of our Customers during the past year are entitled for a free upgrade , or a Huge discounted Price .

i personally thank every one of you for your feedback, cannot wait to show you the great new GUI and new flexibilty in GBM

until then ....

Yours

Taleb Hammad

Carol Haynes:
Just to say welcome too, and I really like GBP which has replaced my other backup methods except for drive imaging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version