ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Audio Interview Explaining *Why* EverNote is Going to a Service

(1/2) > >>

tinjaw:
If you are interested enough in EverNote to spend an hour listening to an audio interview, Jon Udell interviews their new CEO Phil Libin.

I found it an interesting conversation and it may even cause me to switch to EverNote for all my info.

IT Conversations | Jon Udell's Interviews With Innovators | Phil Libin
"Phil Libin was the CEO of CoreStreet when he appeared as the first guest on Interviews with Innovators. Now he's back as CEO of EverNote, a company that aims to build the memex, or personal outboard memory, that Vannevar Bush famously imagined in his 1945 article "As We May Think.""
--- End quote ---

Nxqd3051990:
Someone can summary the content  :Thmbsup: ?

allen:
It's beta, I know . . . and I love their spirit, enthusiasm and the fact that they're open to such drastic changes to their mode of operation . . . but I just really don't get EverNote 3.  Partially because it doesn't support Opera, I admit -- but I just find the desktop client and web versions alike to be a bit . . . clunky. Of course, lack of palm sync makes it largely pointless for me anyway. But I just expected it to be "better".

PPLandry:
Someone can summary the content  :Thmbsup: ?
-Nxqd3051990 (April 08, 2008, 10:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
I did listen to it.
They see themselves as repository for all your textual info (web clippings, text from pictures, hand written stuff). The move to the web is to allow for easier access to this info. Free and subscription based services are planned. Nothing special here. Zoho and others already provide similar things.

IMO, the really interesting part however is that this info would be accessible using an API. This opens the door to other programs using this info.

As an example, you take a picture of a business card with your phone and send it to evernote (you get a special email address to contribute stuff). Evernote does the OCR. Other programs, such as my own SQLNotes, can use the Evernote API to retrieve this info to create a new contact.

Combine this with the Microsoft Sync Framework and you could sync this business card with a whole slew of programs (Outlook, Google, Hotmail, etc)

API should be out in a couple weeks (read a couple of months...)

edbro:
I'm curious what the pricing will be. I don't want to migrate all my data to this only to find out months later that I can't afford it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version