ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Q-Dir (File Manager)

<< < (4/6) > >>

Darwin:
Dormouse, what is the magnifier feature you refer to? I didn't see it/play with it when I had Q-Dir installed...-Darwin (April 17, 2008, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Top right corner. Click on the magifying glass and you have a - wait for it - magnifying glass to move around the screen; click again when you are doing it and it switches off.
-Dormouse (April 17, 2008, 04:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well I'll be! Whodda thunk it...  :o

Curt:
I had to organize my Favorites big time, because they really were an awful mess. So I tried out Q-Dir, and was pleased; it is very fine. But of course I soon closed it and used MtExplorer instead. MtExplorer is State Of The Art for this particular kind of job!

Dormouse:
I like buttons. MTExplorer is a bit too minimal for me.

Curt:
I don't think I have ever used MtExplorer for anything but drag&drop - it is not as if MtExplorer is well-equipped, feature-rich, or powerful or something - in fact it is almost embarrassing simple. But with due respect to the six windows it handles drag&drop operations like a true master - and to some 4/6 degree, so does Q-Dir.

rjbull:
There are two shareware file managers that feature multi-directory views that I am aware of
-Darwin (April 17, 2008, 03:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would mention softwareaholics anonymous, but it's a bit like throwing stones while living in a glass house... 

Multi-directory views are a nice extra for occasional use.  Normally, I don't think I can keep track of more than two directories at a time   :-[  XYplorer's tabs are a nice way of keeping others close by, and so are Total Commander's tabs, and its Ctrl-D change directory menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version