topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:40 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Multimonitor issue  (Read 4467 times)

pstoffel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Multimonitor issue
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:51 AM »
I use 2 monitors, with the primary monitor on the right. If I launch ScreenShotCapture (Grab Selected Region), it works great as long as the mouse remains on the primary display. The second I move the mouse to the secondary display however, the mouse cursor changes back to the default cursor and I can't capture anything. The same behaviour occurs if I launched a SSC shortcut while the mouse was on the secondary display. When I move back to the primary display, the cursor goes back to the selection cross, and I can use SSC the way it's supposed to work.

This means that I first have to move any window I want to capture to the primary display...  :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Multimonitor issue
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:02 AM »
The default region capture locks to the current window your cursor is on when you trigger it, so solution one is to first move to the screen you want to region capture on, and then trigger.

Second solution is to switch to "Red Box" capture mode for region capturing -- you can do that from options -- see if you like it better.

pstoffel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Multimonitor issue
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Thanks! I don't understand why I didn't notice that  :-[. I could swear it didn't work like that 2 hours ago... must be a glitch in the time/space continuum  ;)

It's a little confusing that the (non-Red Box) selection box doesn't span multiple displays while the actually stored selection spans correctly, but I can definitely live with that.

Thanks for the quick reply! Case closed for me.