ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Idea: Farr Bundle Release / Central aliases or plugins listing

(1/1)

justice:
Not sure if this has been discussed before..
Now that Farr2 has quite a few plugins and aliases and so many customizations it can take a while to set up a fresh installation to the way you want. It would be great if there was an official FARR Complete which included FARR + all stable plugins and chosen user aliases. This would add a lot of functionality out of the box and could maybe be periodically maintained. A bit like a point release of a linux distro, you can check for newer versions of plugins yourself or wait until a slightly more tested farr complete becomes available.

This would add quite a lot of work in discussing which plugins /aliases should be included and some time testing the bundle as well as writing up some documentation. So that might not be possible but I think the convenience of having a bundle would be something that might position FARR as a viable choice for more people.

Alternatively a central list could be created with known aliases / plugins as AFAIK finding all options currently requires us to search the farr forum?
Waddaya think?

justice:
Ok so I found the plugins page at https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/addons/
But there is no alias page is there?

jgpaiva:
Actually, that link is for "addons", thus, it also includes aliases ;)

Still, the best way to install plugins for farr would probably be to select "check for updates" in the context menu, then select on DCupdater the "to be installed" tab. (hopefully i got the names right :) )

justice:
It must be too early in the morning for me. Thanks jgpaiva
Have to explore if it's possible to add aliases to dcupdater then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version