topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 10:48 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Idea: Farr Bundle Release / Central aliases or plugins listing  (Read 4046 times)

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not sure if this has been discussed before..
Now that Farr2 has quite a few plugins and aliases and so many customizations it can take a while to set up a fresh installation to the way you want. It would be great if there was an official FARR Complete which included FARR + all stable plugins and chosen user aliases. This would add a lot of functionality out of the box and could maybe be periodically maintained. A bit like a point release of a linux distro, you can check for newer versions of plugins yourself or wait until a slightly more tested farr complete becomes available.

This would add quite a lot of work in discussing which plugins /aliases should be included and some time testing the bundle as well as writing up some documentation. So that might not be possible but I think the convenience of having a bundle would be something that might position FARR as a viable choice for more people.

Alternatively a central list could be created with known aliases / plugins as AFAIK finding all options currently requires us to search the farr forum?
Waddaya think?

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Idea: Farr Bundle Release / Central aliases or plugins listing
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:39 AM »
Ok so I found the plugins page at https://www.donation...user/findrun/addons/
But there is no alias page is there?

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:48 AM »
Actually, that link is for "addons", thus, it also includes aliases ;)

Still, the best way to install plugins for farr would probably be to select "check for updates" in the context menu, then select on DCupdater the "to be installed" tab. (hopefully i got the names right :) )

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 05:01 AM »
It must be too early in the morning for me. Thanks jgpaiva
Have to explore if it's possible to add aliases to dcupdater then.