ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

ReEx Builder and Path Editor

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Kevin.. Well while you are in a philosophical mood, you might as well see:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Other/Spc/index.html
(system path commander, from 2005)

:huh:

ps.
don't get discouraged -- there are few program ideas out there that haven't been done and redone over and over.  each project we embark on makes us a better programmer and helps us discover new things.

kevinjmills:
Oh! I'm not discouraged.  I do these little projects primarily to learn something about new technologies, languages, frameworks, etc...  My main problems is that I have for too many interests (both in and out of software) and not nearly enough time to learn them all, much less develop any real expertise in them.  My real expertise is embedded systems programming (pure old fashioned C) and program management, which I've been doing for almost 20 years now.  I never thought I'd see the day that C was considered an antiquated language. :) I do this stuff for fun and just to keep up with the times. :)  I'm constantly awestruck by the quality and quantity of available free software out there.

Right now I'm installing Vista Ultimate and Visual Studio 2008 in a VPC2007 virtual machine so that I can debug why RegEx Builder is wanting admin rights.  Just another Friday night... :)

kevinjmills:
So, after installing Vista Ultimate and Visual Studio 2008 in Virtual PC I now know why RegExBuilder wants admin rights to run on Vista.  My installer places several example files and expression files in a couple of sub directories in the application install location.  This works perfectly well on XP, but not so well on Vista because Vista requires admin rights to access the files at run time.  The obvious solution seem to be to move the data files to the All Users Application Data directory, but that apparently has the same limitation under Vista.  Any advice on how to configure the setup project to put these files someplace where non-admins can access them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version