topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Folder Note in a Thumbnail  (Read 7333 times)

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Folder Note in a Thumbnail
« on: October 22, 2005, 07:44 AM »
I use the thumbnail view in Windows.  Sometimes I need to leave a small bit of information or a reminder in a particular folder.  It would be more efficient to have this info in a thumbnail that can instantly be read instead of a text file that needs to be manually opened.

Thanx 4 looking.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Folder Note in a Thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 09:06 AM »
this is a really fun idea - i think making a thumbanail image for a folder is just a matter of having a picture with a certain name in the folder - so this would be implemented with a context menu extension that simply invoked a graphics editor on an existing thumbnail image of a certain name, or created one of appropriate size first then opened it.  a fun thing to add to Conext Menu Commander (our upcoming context menu tool).

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Folder Note in a Thumbnail
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Hey mouser.

When you use thumbnail view Windows Explorer displays the common picture & video filetypes with a thumbnail of their content instead of the default icon.  If you name a picture file "folder.jpg" or "folder.gif" it will also become the content thumbnail of the containing folder.

I wasn't thinking of using the note thumbnail as the folder's content thumbnail but now that you mention it I'm sure there are times when this would come in handy too.  To switch between this functionality you just have to change the files name.