ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

Folder Note in a Thumbnail

(1/1)

skywalka:
I use the thumbnail view in Windows.  Sometimes I need to leave a small bit of information or a reminder in a particular folder.  It would be more efficient to have this info in a thumbnail that can instantly be read instead of a text file that needs to be manually opened.

Thanx 4 looking.

mouser:
this is a really fun idea - i think making a thumbanail image for a folder is just a matter of having a picture with a certain name in the folder - so this would be implemented with a context menu extension that simply invoked a graphics editor on an existing thumbnail image of a certain name, or created one of appropriate size first then opened it.  a fun thing to add to Conext Menu Commander (our upcoming context menu tool).

skywalka:
Hey mouser.

When you use thumbnail view Windows Explorer displays the common picture & video filetypes with a thumbnail of their content instead of the default icon.  If you name a picture file "folder.jpg" or "folder.gif" it will also become the content thumbnail of the containing folder.

I wasn't thinking of using the note thumbnail as the folder's content thumbnail but now that you mention it I'm sure there are times when this would come in handy too.  To switch between this functionality you just have to change the files name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version