ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo EASILY create image backup?

<< < (7/10) > >>

MerleOne:
Then, if you can only boot from an usb flash memory key, IFW2 seems a better choice, but you really have to try before.  Some PC can and some other can't.  I am sure that you can build a bootable USB key with the demo version, then you can try.

tomos:
Then, if you can only boot from an usb flash memory key, IFW2 seems a better choice, but you really have to try before.  Some PC can and some other can't.  I am sure that you can build a bootable USB key with the demo version, then you can try.
-MerleOne (April 15, 2008, 12:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I know that one (Image for Windows) has been recommended elsewhere here

Edit/ but does it do incremental or differential backups ?
no sign of it at their site

patthecat:
Image for Windows (IFW) current version 2 now supports differential.  It does not currently support incremental.  The IFW pdf manual (appendix section) indicates that incremental backups are harder to manage and may be problematic in disaster recovery situations.

Although I have all of Terabyte's products, I still use BootItNG for imaging as I am more comfortable with imaging from a bootable CD and not when windows is running.  Image for DOS and Image for Linux also runs from a bootable CD and, from an interface / features perspective, more easier to use that BootItNG.

Image for DOS and Image for Linux are self contained bootable cds meaning it runs on the cd from the respective OS title.  It does NOT mean that you have to know or need to have a hard disk that has DOS / Linux on it.

Curt:
XXClone (......) However, (......) , I am concerned that the site not has been updated for more than a year:

All new licenses come with at least one year of update subscription.  Optionally, you may order an extended subscription beyond the basic 1 year period up front.
--- End quote ---

- fine, but, ehh.., there are no updates ...
-Curt (April 07, 2008, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

- but it gets even more critical:

However, when you update your Windows' Service Pack (SP) beyond the SP number that was available at the time of the XXCLONE release, you need a newer version of XXCLONE that supports the particular SP.

--- End quote ---

- so I will not consider XXClone before SP3 is supported, if ever...

Grorgy:
I'm using paragon hard disk manager version 8 special edition (came free on a magazine)  I have backed up a couple of times using it, full 1:1 image, and I have had 1 recovery using it, and it worked perfectly.  At the price its the best thing I've seen  ;)  (I think it retails for around $USD 50)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version