ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What New Major Feature is Most Important for you in Find and Run Robot?

<< < (7/7)

Josh:
If we are going to use indexing (in any manner), it should be built in. Requiring the install of a third party program to use a feature in the primary program is bad, in my opinion.

Lashiec:
I couldn't care less for indexing, considering that Locate32 is a keystroke away. Unicode support, and a redesign of the preferences screen (tree-based, please) would be welcomed though, right now I have to 'hunt' checkboxes one by one, no good. And some polish here and there.

herojoker:
A redesign of the preferences screen wouldn't even be so difficult:
If you save the configuration with each option formatted like
category.subcategory.subsubcategory.option=value
it's quite simple to build a tree. Another file could hold the actual labels.
Furthermore the program code will become a bit more readable :)

f0dder:
If we are going to use indexing (in any manner), it should be built in. Requiring the install of a third party program to use a feature in the primary program is bad, in my opinion.-Josh (April 04, 2008, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
It should be implemented with a plugin, and preferably based on locate32. Why? Because locate32 does a pretty good job, and there's no reason for reinventing the wheel.

But it should be done as a full plugin, the current locate32 plugin which calls locate.exe isn't 100% optimal, and sometimes hangs a bit.

kartal:
Explorer integration maybe? This could make alias creation easier most likely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version