ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Supercharge Your Camera with Open-Source CHDK Firmware

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Fascinating! :o  :up:

Digital cameras have powers beyond what is immediately available to the user. On a standard Canon, for example, the fastest shutter speed option offered is 1/1,600 second, but the hardware can handle much more than that -- up to 1/60,000 of a second.

CHDK, the Canon Hacker's Development Kit, is an open-source software project that can be loaded on cameras using Canon's DIGIC II or DIGIC III firmware platforms. [...]

--- End quote ---

http://howto.wired.com/wiki/Supercharge_Your_Camera_with_Open-Source_CHDK_Firmware

CWuestefeld:
That is awesome! :Thmbsup:

I've got a Canon A710IS. It's a great little camera, takes great pictures. But I've wanted to be able to experiment with RAW data and HDR photography (which requires bracketing), neither of which is supported.

But this provides both of these, and about a thousand more.

mrHappy:
Been toying with this the last couple of days, but I just can't get my camera to take pictures in RAW format no matter what I do.
And that really sucks since I was so happy when I found out my camera was supported and I could finally take pictures in raw.
Hopefullu I'll figure out somehting to allow me to do it.

kfitting:
I looked at this, I dont have any cameras that support the firmware, then got looking at HDR... wow!  I found this freeware program and have been trying it all afternoon.  qtpfsgui

Kevin

Armando:
Very cool. I'm going to have to try that now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version