ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: middle click on desktop to get quick launch or 'start menu'

(1/6) > >>

xunil:
how about a utility to give the 'unix/linux' type feature of right clicking on the desktop to get an application menu (only use the middle click or ctl+right click)?

lanux128:
previously there was a tool that could do this. it was called Start Or Switch but i'm not sure whether it still works in newer OSes such as WinXP, 2K, etc.

xunil:
previously there was a tool that could do this. it was called Start Or Switch but i'm not sure whether it still works in newer OSes such as WinXP, 2K, etc.
-lanux128 (April 03, 2008, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

looks like that project is dead.  could not download nor could i find it with google :(

jgpaiva:
For this job, i'd recomment something like bb4win, which is a shell that mimics linux's fluxbox. If there's a way to do it without having to change the shell, it'd be preferable, though.

xunil:
actually, i used to use bblean and this is the only feature i miss... but i have no desire to run an alternative shell just to get a handy launching feature.  i guess i will have to keep making the long trek to the bottom of my screen to launch an application (which is really annoying w/ dual monitors).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version